It’s really easy to bond it, in 2 steps only!
Why you should use hotmelt adhesive tape for hemming ?
- To replace the sewing process
- To make the process easier
- To reinforce the finishing, and upgrade the quality
Step 1 : Preparation
- Make sure your fabric / garment is pre-washed to avoid the narrowing of the hem.
- Cut the length of hotmelt adhesive tape you need.
Step 2 : Application with paper backing
- Place the tape at the bottom of your fabric or garment, the paper backing facing you.
- Iron one time on full-length, and take off the paper.
Step 3 : Folding and ironing the fabric on adhesive net
- Fold the fabric / garment one time at your needed height and iron a second time on full-length.
- Repeat a second time if you want a double hem or place the adhesive tape on the second pleat directly
Step 2 : Application with PSA sticky tape (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive)
- Take off the paper and apply the adhesive part on your fabric / garment at the bottom.
Step 3 : Folding and ironing the fabric on sticky tape
- Fold the fabric / garment one time on the sticky tape at the needed height and iron on full-length.
- Repeat a second time if you want a double hem or place the sticky tape on the second pleat directly.
Additional step : Sewing
- If you want to secure the hemming, you can sew with the stitching of your choice.
Now your garment is ready to wear !